- Multilayer EncapsuationThe Parylene based Multilayer creates a physical and chemical barrier between device and the environment in which it should be used – this is the first product offered by Coat-X. Our multilayer packaging technology meets our customers’ most demanding space, performance and cost specifications.
The solutions we have developed meet our customers’ demands and the highest international performance standards for tightness, corrosion resistance and biocompatibility.
- Technological Advantages:
- • Hermetic and biocompatible thin-film packaging for smart implantable devices.
- • Silicon oxide / Parylene-C multilayers are deposited by a novel single-chamber process.
- • The process guarantees a close-to-ideal conformity over three-dimensional structures.
- • Deposition process occurs at room temperature.
The following figure illustrates a conventional package using surrounding glass or metal jackets (a).
A considerable decrease in packaging volume can be achieved by the novel thin-film layer encapsulation method for biomedical devices (b).
- Medical (implants or external devices)
- Aerospace (high-tech sensors)
- Watchmaking (long-term protection)
- Pharma (long-term encapsulation)
The solutions developed to date have allowed us to meet the demand of our customers in line with the highest international performance standards (tightness, corrosion resistance, biocompatibility).
Ultra-flexible Smart Devices
Using the flexible film as a carrier, the thin conductors – such as gold that is only a few nanometers thick – can be deposited to create an ultra-flexible circuit. Conventional electronic components can then be soldered to the conductors or directly integrated into the layer. With a second multi-layer deposited on these circuits, the assembly is completely waterproof while remaining flexible.